Научно-публицистический журнал “Центр и периферия”
The scientific journal “Center and Periphery”
Lapteva I. V., Pakhmutova Е. D., Bikeykin Е. N.
Using the example of the project “Country of Heroes” organized by the Russian Military Historical Society as part of the implementation of the national project “Culture” in the Republic of Mordovia in 2022, the essence, functionality and significance of the cultural and educational space of the military historical camp are considered. Based on the concepts of scholars in the field of cultural studies and pedagogy (E. N. Evtushenko, B. Yu. Sokolova, I. M. Suravneva, A. Yu. Tikhonova, T. Carlyle, L. A. Pronina, O. A. Yanutsh etc.), the authors introduce their own understanding of the “cultural and educational space” as an educational and learning environment that contributes to the development and translation of humanistic values, the formation of a patriotic personality through listening and active participation in educational modules: general education courses (military history of Russia, social design, physical training and sports) and special programs (creative program, tourist training). This space allows the participants of the “Country of Heroes” camp to learn how to solve social problems through the development and presentation of project ideas, to try their hand as a leader, which stimulates participation in socially significant activities for the benefit of the state and society, promotes spiritual, moral and patriotic development and the formation of an all-Russian cultural identity. Patriotic events and educational modules were divided into thematic areas (“Volunteers of Victory”, “Defenders”, “Media of Victory”, “Keepers of History”), key activities, qualitative and quantitative results of camp participants were indicated. On the example of the “school” of social design “My patriotic project”, the article shows the expediency and importance of the popularization of cultural and military-historical heritage of Russia among young people; the main directions of youth project ideas developed by the camp participants for further implementation on the territory of the Republic of Mordovia are outlined.
Keywords: Russian Мilitary Нistorical Society, military historical camp, “Country of Heroes”, patriotism, military history, cultural and educational environment, children’s camp
Funding: the project of the Russian Military Historical Society “Country of Heroes” is realized as part of the implementation of the national project “Culture”.
Acknowledgments: the authors appreciate the Chairman of the Regional branch of the Russian Мilitary Нistorical Society in the Republic of Mordovia Galina Kursheva for the materials on regional activities in 2021 — 2022, provided for writing the article.
For citation: Lapteva IV, Pakhmutova ED, Bikeykin EN. “Country of Heroes” — cultural and educational platform of the patriotic camp of the Russian Military Historical Society. Center and Periphery. 2023;18(1):26—35. EDN ANAJVC
1. Bikeуkin EN, Pisachkin VA. The phenomenon of falsification of history: the problem of definitions. Center and Periphery. 2020;(4):4—18. (In Russ.)
2. Evtushenko EN. Evolution of understanding of the hero phenomenon: from Ancient Greece to the celebrities of electronic media. Universum: social Sciences. 2015;(6). (In Russ.)
3. Zhilyanina AN. Social design in the conditions of a small city (Socially significant project “Heroes of our time”). Science. Society. Education. Proceedings of the scientific-practical conference. Irkutsk;2018:18—20. (In Russ.)
4. Carlyle T. Heroes, hero worship and the heroic in history. Moscow;2008. (In Russ.)
5. Klyain IV. Socio-cultural project “Living Past” as a way of reproduction of cultural traditions and historical memory. Bulletin of the Tyumen State Institute of Culture. 2020;(4):78—83. (In Russ.)
6. Kursheva GA, Bikeуkin EN. The Sura defensive frontier in the project activities of the Regional branch of the Russian Military and Historical Society in the Republic of Mordovia. Center and Periphery. 2021;(4):10—14. (In Russ.)
7. Lapteva IV, Pakhmutova ED. СLIL-projects as an important component of teaching a foreign language (on the example of the German language). From differentiation of sciences — to transdisciplinarity. Proceedings of the scientific-practical conference. Abakan;2019:152—155. (In Russ.)
8. Lapteva IV, Pakhmutova ED. Advantages and disadvantages of digitalization of humanitarian education. Bulletin of Samara University. History, pedagogy, philology. 2020;26(1):89—94. (In Russ.)
9. Moiseeva MV, Tihonova AYu, Karabashyan KA. Transformation of the concept of “hero” in the context of modern culture. Culture and Art: traditions and modernity. Proceedings of the scientific-practical conference. Cheboksary;2021:41—46. (In Russ.)
10. Pakhmutova ED, Lapteva IV, Chernov AV. Fundamentals of social design on the example of grant activity of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. Center and Periphery. 2022;(4):10—16. (In Russ.)
11. Pakhmutova ED. New culture of teaching foreign languages. Integration of regional education systems. Proceedings of the conference. Saransk;2006:176—178. (Issue 5, part 2). (In Russ.)
12. Pivtsaykina OA, Suldina LV, Shkerdina NO, Shchukin DS. Patriotism as a basis for preserving historical memory: theoretical aspects in the refraction of regional practice. Center and Periphery. 2021;(4):4—9. (In Russ.)
13. Pronina LA. Open cultural and educational space as an educational paradigm of the society of knowledge. Analysis of cultural studies. 2007;(2):110—118. (In Russ.)
14. Svetlakova NI. “Country of Heroes” — project-motivation of the State Museum of Sports. Bulletin of sports history. 2020;(2):78—83. (In Russ.)
15. Sokolova BYu. The concept of “hero”: problems of interpretation. Bulletin of cultural studies. 2021;(3):9—28. (In Russ.)
16. Suravneva IM. Heroism as a social phenomenon. Abstract of the dis. … cand. of philos. sci. Tver;2006. (In Russ.)
17. Timofeeva LI. The project “Summer Reset” as a form of socialization of teenagers in the conditions of a tent camp. Kolpinskie readings on local history and tourism. Proceedings of the scientific-practical conference. St. Petersburg; 2022:1:408—413. (In Russ.)
18. Yanutsh OA. Cultural and educational space: to the definition of the boundaries and content of the concept. Man and Culture. 2017;(5):38—44. (In Russ.)
Information about the authors:
Irina V. Lapteva, Principal Researcher — head of Department of Theory and History of Culture of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia (3 L. Tolstogo Str., Saransk 430005, Russia); Professor of Department of German Philology of National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaja Str., Saransk 430005, Russia), Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Associate Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0444-4237, Researcher ID: O-3676-2015, Scopus ID: 57203011236, email@example.com
Elena D. Pakhmutova, Associate Professor of Department of German Philology of National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaja Str., Saransk 430005, Russia); Multiplicator of Goethe Institute (95а Leniski Prospect, Moscow 119313, Russia), Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2317-4778, Scopus ID: 57211296171, firstname.lastname@example.org
Evgeny N. Bikeykin, Deputy director — Academic secretary of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia (3 L. Tolstogo Str., Saransk 430005, Russia), Doctor of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7301-0264, email@example.com
Contribution of the authors:
Lapteva I. V. — statement of the research problem, development of the concept, collection and analysis of literature, writing the theoretical part of the article, scientific editing;
Pakhmutova E. D. — methodology development, data analysis, generalization and graphic representation of research results, text formatting;
Bikeykin E. N. — discussion of the research results with the head of the Regional branch of the Russian Мilitary Нistorical Society in Republic of Mordovia, collection and provision of reporting materials on its activities.
Conflict of interests: the authors declare no conflict of interests.
The authors have read and approver the final version of the manuscript.
The article was submitted 20.12.2022; approved after reviewing 09.01.2023; accepted for publication 16.01.2023.