Научно-публицистический журнал “Центр и периферия”
The scientific journal “Center and Periphery”
Troshin A. I., Tribushinina S. D.
The beneficial influence of military historical reconstruction on the formation of the spiritual, moral, civil and patriotic foundations of Russian society is considered in this article. The authors reveal the features of modeling and conducting military historical reconstruction, introduce the development of the reconstructive movement of Mordovia in the historical context. Special attention is paid to the localization of scientific discourse regarding the construction of the anti-tank defensive Sursky line, which was designed and erected during the Great Patriotic War on the territory of the Mordovian ASSR and several nearby regions, which were on the potential line of contact with a foreign invader. The construction of the designated military infrastructure facility, began in the winter of 1941 — 1942, became possible thanks to the selfless work of Soviet citizens, primarily women, elderly people and children, who ensured the functioning of the military rear. The article presents the results of interviews with participants of the military historical reconstruction dedicated to the construction of the Sursky defensive line and carried out (once again) in early December 2022 in the village of Nikolaevka of the Bolshebereznikovsky municipal district of the Republic of Mordovia. The great feat of the ancestors, as well as the realities of modern turbulent times, require the greatest concentration of attention on perpetuating the memory of preventive measures taken in the heroic past of the country, fostering patriotism among the younger generation of Russia. The military historical reconstruction “And the frontier was built on time” is an important mechanism to preserve military heroic history on a nation-wide scale.
Keywords: military historical reconstruction, social and cultural space, patriotism, historical memory, continuity of generations, the Sursky defensive line, modern Russian society
For citation: Troshin AI, Tribushinina SD. Military historical reconstruction “And the frontier was built on time” in the formation of a regional social and cultural space. Center and Periphery. 2023;18(2):31—37. EDN BNOPZS
1. Voynov AA, Kotov MV. The role of military historical reconstruction in the patriotic education of the population of the Russian Federation. Youth policy of Russia in the context of global world changes. Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference. St. Petersburg;2018:78—81. (In Russ.)
2. Dragunov AD. Historical reconstruction as a method of scientific research. Political life of Western Europe: antiquity, the Middle Ages, new and modern times. Proceedings. Arzamas;2016;(11):291—295. (In Russ.)
3. Kasatkin PI. Cultural space: axiological aspect. Knowledge. Understanding. Ability. 2017;(4):145—156. (In Russ.)
4. Kovalchenko ID. Methods of historical research. Moscow;2003. (In Russ.)
5. Korotaev AV, Khalturina DA. Myths and genes. Deep historical reconstruction. Moscow;2011. (In Russ.)
6. Koshin II, Koshina OV. Development of historical reconstruction as a component of cultural and educational tourism. Ogarev-online. 2021;(4). URL: https://journal.mrsu.ru/arts/razvitie-istoricheskoj-rekonstrukcii-kak-sostavlyayushhej-kulturno-poznavatelnogo-turizma (In Russ.)
7. Kurbatov VP, Kurbatova NV. Reconstruction as an effective way of studying the past. Types. Structure. Functions. Concept. 2014;26:261—265. URL: http://e-koncept.ru/2014/64353.htm (In Russ.)
8. Kursheva GA, Bikeykin EN. The Sursky defensive frontier in the project activities of the regional branch of the Russian Military and Historical society in the Republic of Mordovia. Center and Periphery. 2021;(4):10—14. URL: http://niign.ru/centrandperifirya/czip-4-2021(30).pdf (In Russ.)
9. Maksimov SN, Stepina EG. Military historical reconstruction as a social and cultural phenomenon and a means of patriotic education of student youth. Bulletin of the Association of Universities of Tourism and Service. 2017;11(4):104—114. (In Russ.)
10. Pivtsaykina OA, Suldina LV, Shkerdina NO, Shchukin DS. Patriotism as a basis for preserving historical memory: theoretical aspects in the refraction of regional policy. Center and Periphery. 2021;(4):4—9. URL: http://niign.ru/centrandperifirya/czip-4-2021(30).pdf (In Russ.)
11. Repina LP. Historical science at the turn of the XX—XXI centuries: social theories and historiographical practice. Moscow;2011. (In Russ.)
12. Solovieva TA, Alekseeva MM. Construction of the Sursky defensive line and the Kazan bypass in the Chuvash ASSR. Echo of Centuries. 2017;(3):23—45. (In Russ.)
13. Shakirova EYu. Features of the Russian social and cultural space. The ethnocultural situation of the region: options and prospects for development. Сollection of scientific articles. Saratov;2017:129—140. (In Russ.)
Information about the authors:
Andrey I. Troshin, Lecturer at the Faculty of Foreign Languages of the Mordovian State Pedagogical University named after M. E. Evseviev (11A Studencheskaya Str., Saransk 430007, Russia); Postgraduate Student of Department of Theory and History of Culture of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia (3 L. Tolstogo Str., Saransk 430005, Russia), ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3144-4934, email@example.com
Svetlana D. Tribushinina, Senior Researcher of Department of Theory and History of Culture of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia (3 L. Tolstogo Str., Saransk 430005, Russia), Candidate of Cultural Studies, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3472-3640, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contribution of the authors:
Troshin A. I. — data collection and literature analysis, critical analysis, writing the draft version of the article;
Tribushinina S. D. — concept development, methodology improvement, scientific editing of the article.
Conflict of interests: the authors declare no conflict of interests.
The authors have read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
The article was submitted 02.02.2023; approved after reviewing 13.04.2023; accepted for publication 19.04.2023.