Научно-публицистический журнал “Центр и периферия”
The scientific journal “Center and Periphery”
Antonova M. V., Laptun V. I., Osovsky O. E.
Based on archival documents, many of which are being introduced into scientific use for the first time, the article examines the process of organization and development of research and methodological work of the teaching staff of the Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute in the 1960s and early 1970s. At the stage of the higher institution establishment, one of the key problems was the formation of a teaching staff capable of both carrying out educational work effectively and conducting fruitful scientific researches. The analysis of archival documents shows, by the mid-1960s, the leadership of the pedagogical institute largely managed to form a completely “combat-ready” scientific and pedagogical team and establish research activities, the most favorable conditions were created for improving the scientific qualifications of teachers. This is evidenced, in particular, by the annual reports of the Vice-rector for Academic and Scientific Work, as well as the minutes of meetings of the Council of the Institute. Gradually, student science began to develop at the institute: scientific circles were organized at the departments, the Student Scientific Society was formed, student scientific conferences were held annually. Thus, despite the difficulties, in general, the research work of the staff of the Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute, reflected in reports on science, proceeded in accordance with the chosen direction and its results were approved not only by the Council of the Institute, but also by the Ministry of Education of the RSFSR. Based on the results of the scientific activity of the teaching staff, scientific conferences were held, including at the interuniversity level, articles were published in leading Soviet journals, complex scientific topics were implemented, research results were published in interuniversity collections of scientific papers, candidate and doctoral dissertations were prepared.
Keywords: Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute, research activities, advanced training, scientific conference, student scientific society
Acknowledgements: the authors express their gratitude to the staff of the Central State Archives of the Republic of Mordovia for their assistance in the preparation of this article.
For citation: Antonova MV, Laptun VI, Osovsky OE. Organization and development of research activities at the Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute in the 1960s — early 1970s. Center and Periphery. 2023;18(3):25—33. EDN YDHLHG
1. Antonova MV, Laptun VI, Osovsky OE. From the history of the Mordovian state pedagogical institute named after M. E. Evseviev: organization of the higher institution and the beginning of the first academic year. Center and Periphery. 2022;(3):22—30. URL: http://centrniign.ru/gallery/C-3-2022-st04.pdf (In Russ.)
2. Zetkina IA, Bychkov NV. Nikolay Nikolaevich Molin: to the benefit of national education. Humanities and Education. 2016;(2):19—25. URL: https://www.mordgpi.ru/upload/iblock/9e1/-2_26_-_aprel_iyun_.pdf (In Russ.)
3. Laptun VI, Shukshina TI. The process and mechanisms of the formation of the teaching staff of the Mordovian pedagogical institute in the 1960s. Educational systems and environments: historical and pedagogical discourse at the beginning of the XXI century. Proceedings. Volgograd;2022:390—395. (In Russ.)
4. Laptun VI. “The creation of a pedagogical institute is caused by a vital need ...” (To the 60th anniversary of the Mordovia State Pedagogical University named after M. E. Evseviev). Wanderer. 2022;(6):179—188. (In Russ.)
5. Shukshina TI, Bychkov NV, Zetkina IA, Laptun VI. Formation and development of higher pedagogical education in Mordovia.Humanities and Education. 2016;(4):8—14. URL: https://www.mordgpi.ru/upload/iblock/fc8/4_28_-_oktyabr_dekabr_.pdf (In Russ.)
Information about the authors:
Marina V. Antonova, Rector of the Mordovia State Pedagogical University named after M. E. Evseviev (11a Studencheskaya Str., Saransk 430007, Russia), Candidate of Economical Sciences, Associate Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6087-9289, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladimir I. Laptun, Assistant Professor of Department of Pedagogics of the Mordovia State Pedagogical University named after M. E. Evseviev (11a Studencheskaya Str., Saransk 430007, Russia), Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4530-7658, email@example.com
Oleg E. Osovsky, Principal Researcher of the Scientific Bureau of the Mordovia State Pedagogical University named after M. E. Evseviev (11a Studencheskaya Str., Saransk 430007, Russia), Doctor of Philological Sciences, Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9869-3233, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contribution of the authors:
Antonova M. V. — critical analysis and scientific editing of the text;
Laptun V. I. — data collection and analysis of literature, writing the initial version of the article;
Osovsky O. E. — concept development, methodology development, analytical activity.
Conflict of interests: the authors declare no conflict of interests.
The authors have read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
The article was submitted 22.05.2023; approved after reviewing 13.06.2023; accepted for publication 19.06.2023.